Monday, January 23, 2012

Hello Blogging World




 Hey Ya'll! My name is Chelsea and currently a new member in the blogging world. Thanks to one of my dearest friends Britt (aka www.thatshopgirl.com),  she finally convinced me to have my own fashion blog, so here I am blogging away. 
I chose the title "South Meets City" because it truly defines my life the past couple of years. I was born and raised in the great city of Chicago, Illinois and ended up going to college down south in the state of Alabama (ROLL TIDE ROLL) on a track and field scholarship. I was down in Jacksonville, Alabama for almost 3 years and it  truly changed my life. I was in a total culture shock and loved seeing how southern people lived there everyday lives.  I would go out with friends in a dress with heels and they would all be in flannels with cowboy boots. In my mind, that was not something you would see up north, and that's where I got my nickname, "Miss Illinois, the Yankee". From being made fun of my northern accent to how I was always dressed up I truly made a strong statement of my personal style wherever I went.


I am OBSESSED with boots! They go great with any dress or any kind of legging. Its very rare in the colder weather to not see me in boots.
Boots: Candies from Kohls


I love wearing this black dress. Black is such a slimming color and I love throwing in whatever colors I want to and make a new outfit every time I wear the same dress.Whether its a scarf, jewelry, or a fun belt you can always have a new outfit
Dress, Tan Belt, Scarf: Kensie


I am very excited about this blog and can't wait to show everyone my ideas about fashion and fitness which are two important things in my everyday life. So here it is ya'll "South Meets City"



4 comments:

  1. Ah! Girl you look so sassy! I have and love those boots! Miss you sugar. P.s. yankee girls really do know how to dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Alyx!!! And yes we do :) Miss and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you a lot for providing individuals with a very breathtaking chance to read from this site. It can be so pleasant and also full of a lot of fun for me personally and my office co-workers to search your blog the equivalent of thrice every week to see the latest secrets you have. And indeed, I'm usually impressed considering the very good tips and hints you give. Certain 4 points on this page are absolutely the most suitable we have ever had.
    Vantage Point CGUPM12-B Universal Front Projector Mount - Black

    ReplyDelete